Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Vocabulary Lesson Number One

Chagrin: (definition) that moment when you’re lying in bed and you can’t figure out if it’s 2:30, 5:30, or 7:30 am, because the clock is on the other side of the room and you can’t see well enough to read it, and you know you might as well put your glasses on, and get dressed, because you’re up for the day now. (pronunciation) “Shit!”

In other news, I’ve discovered that drinking full strength Earl Grey tea now upsets my stomach so severely that I have to lie down and go to bed at 9:30pm. Who knew?

These two things might be related. 

Last night’s dinner was a bit of a bust. When we arrived home I cooked up the chicken breast that I had planned to use in fried rice, and served it to my husband along with the leftover rice. I had a plain bagel and went to bed.  

In spite of my whining, my stomach is back in working order and demanding breakfast: yogurt with fruit and granola. I also have lunch and dinner to plan, and at some point, fingers crossed, I can make a plan for the rest of the week.  

Meanwhile, the first installment of my roast turkey experiment is edited and ready to go, and I’ve always got a recipe in the works that need writing up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment