Monday, January 27, 2014

long-johns and breakfast for lunch

Monday, January 27, 2014, 07:30.

Last night’s snow needs to be shoveled, we are under yet another wind chill advisory, and it is getting colder by the minute. Breakfast is going to consist of a few sips of tea as I pull on my long-johns and gather all my snow removal gear. There are certainly times when it is a good idea to huddle inside and wait for the worst of the weather to pass, but I am particularly susceptible to the winter blues so it is especially important I don’t loose forward momentum. I say: dress appropriately and keep moving. 

We’re having bacon, eggs, and toast for lunch, and, unless something unforeseen prevents it, pasta with chicken and peas for dinner. I was severely tempted to eat a very large piece of fruitcake for breakfast, but did break down and have a bowl of cold cereal instead. I think the box would have been tastier.  

Now, since focus is a word in the dictionary, and not something I posses, I think I’m going to head back to bed for an hour. It is a luxury, I know. Hubby teaches tonight, and I’ll be working on getting more recipes written up and ready to post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment