Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mountain Man

This morning’s journal must be a very quick one. More snow has fallen, an inch or two, and yes, cleaning it up is beginning to feel like the movie Groundhog Day. It is currently, 6ºF with a predicted high of 10ºF and a Lake Effect Snow Advisory in place until 12:00pm. So, before 11:30 I need to don long-underwear and my heavy winter coat, and then go outside to shovel the driveway and clean off the car. I also need to cook two chicken breasts, chop them up and make a cheaters version of Chicken Waldorf for lunch. I also much shower and pack up my things for the afternoon. And finally, I need to show and clean myself up before I go out in public. I doubt I will have time to trim my beard, and will therefore still look like a mountain man, but at least I’ll be a good smelling mountain man. Oh well, at least we have the weather for it.  

I’ve managed to get my sleep schedule in line with where I want it to be. I am not a good sleeper, and never really have been. Sometimes I have difficulty getting to sleep, sometimes I have trouble staying asleep. This means that once I actually fall asleep and manage to stay that way, I then have trouble getting out of bed in the morning.  Naps are great things, I take them on a regular basis but I also must be sure to sleep at night if I want to function beyond solving whatever immediate problem that pops up. It is nice to actually have a working brain with which to write, or plan for the future, or at least the rest of the week.  

Time to get dressed and get on with things: Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner, and an afternoon of writing up recipes at Starbucks…I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment