Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sad News

Today I am saddened by the passing of Denise Leach-Stafford, an old Drum Corps friend and fellow food fanatic. I ran into Denise in Petsmart six months ago. She threw her arms around me and gave me a giant hug, and even though she was very sick at the time, had her usual positive energy, smile, and hearty laugh. We agreed to get together for lunch, or coffee, or something soon, but sadly that never happened. She was warm, open, and unreserved: I could learn from that.

Last night’s dinner was Penne with Alfredo and Chicken: tasty and satisfying. Tonight, it’s pork chops slow cooked in tomatoes and peppers over rice. I have about eight over-ripe apples to use up, so a cobbler or crumble in also in my future. It is also Saturday and time for a part of cooking that nobody talks about, cleaning. It’s my day to empty and wipe out the fridge, wipe down the counters, cabinets, and appliances, and then sweep and mop the floor.

Oatmeal for breakfast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment