Friday, February 28, 2014

before I can do anything

Friday: and also payday! I have two projects on the go today. First, I still have to firm up my menu plan for the coming week in time to execute as much of it as possible later this weekend. Second, I’m making sweet orange rolls. I have a large number of Satsuma oranges that need to be used up. The recipe requires a large amount of zest, but a small amount of juice, so I will be peeling the oranges and storing the segments in the fridge for easy eating later.

I don’t want anyone to be alarmed but I’m actually out of butter. Tragic I know. Before I can make anything I’ll have to brave the wind chill advisory and head out to get supplies. Before I can do that, I must wait for the bank to open so I can visit the ATM and then also put some gas in the car. Before I can do that, I need a long, hot, shower.


Tea for breakfast, with the last of the Blueberry Lemon Scones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment