Saturday, February 1, 2014

granola and clean underwear

I have another ambitious Saturday planned. I’ve run out of my favorite home made granola, and need to make bread for the coming week. I need to perform the weekly kitchen cleaning rituals, and I am quickly running out of clean underwear. I also cannot forget – yet again – to soak the beans for tomorrow’s cooking adventures, and then there is the matter of the ongoing snow problem, and my hubby has put in a request for chocolate cake as a weekend treat.  

One of the benefits of having a partner who is a college professor is that I never have to worry about having left-over desserts in the house. I can always pack them up, and send them to an appreciative audience. This way I can have my treat, and I don’t need to worry about it hanging around tempting me to eat more than I should.  

On the menu for today:  

Breakfast
Oatmeal with cinnamon, apples, and maple syrup 

Lunch
Michigan Salad
- mixed spring greens with chicken, apples, dried cherries, and an apple cider vinaigrette 

Dinner
Potage Noire
-casserole of venison, mushrooms, celery and carrots, in a sauce covered with mashed potatoes

Plus, tea: lots and lots of tea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment