Wednesday, February 19, 2014

meatless

At the risk of sounding too overzealous about my own cooking; both yesterday’s meals were a great success. I wish that I could say they were born of my improvisational skills, or creativity, but both were based on recipes from Martha Stewart’s “Meatless” cookbook. I can honestly say this is the only vegetarian cookbook that I own, and I own a few, that makes me want to eat the food presented on almost every single page. Not to be overly prejudiced, but I think the magic of this book is that it was put together by a group of talented people, and designed for people who are not full time vegetarians. The recipes are meant to appeal to people who are regular meat eaters.

After dinner last night I cleaned, and tidied, and cleaned some more. This morning I honestly can’t tell that I did anything. Very rewarding…

I am still sore from shoveling and tired from the recent changes to our schedule. Some of my soreness is nothing more than my body reacting to the changes in the weather outside. Still, I’m happy to have some sunlight, and the days are growing noticeably longer. Even if I know the weather is going to turn cold again, and will likely stay that way until late May, a little thaw is helping to boost my spirits and is making think of all the delicious things I’ll get to eat come spring. Tender Asparagus, pea shoots, and the youngest beet greens, Rhubarb, micro herbs and greens, and braised baby radishes. 

Tomorrow is Thursday, and time to re-evaluate my meal plan from this week, examine the contents or the crisper, and clean out refrigerator in preparation for making a meal plan and grocery list for next week. Tomorrow and Friday I’ll do a little shopping and the whole cycle will start again.

I think it’s going to be an early night. Did I mention I’m tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment